Man, am I grateful for 2010. After such an awful 2009, taking a leap of faith and moving in a new direction in 2010 has been a huge positive, both professionally and personally.
Professionally, starting a business, albeit a simple consulting business has stretched my capacity in many ways.
- Think more critically about where I add value
- Focus on tangible wins for my clients
- Constantly increase my business IQ
- Take care of business details, like P&L, taxes, expenses, etc.
- As always, keep the new business pipeline moving
- Keep the burn-rate as low as possible
- Leverage Social and practice what I preach
Personally, above all, this has been a leap of faith, a surpassing reliance on my creator. If you want to know more about that faith, send me a note off-line. But suffice to say, my MO is: “Work like it all depends on me. Pray like it all depends on God.” Been saying that since 03/17/91 …
What am I grateful for today, on Thanksgiving 2010?
- A genuine, authentic relationship with God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit – first and foremost. By his grace…
- Diane, a soul-mate and best friend that I share my life with and who understands and affirms the concepts of “Love and Respect“.
- Two gifts from God in Zach and Kelle, given when I deserved them not, and who have become incredible individuals in their own right.
- Fantastic fellowship with like-minded friends who are walking with me and encouraging me through ‘good’ times and ‘bad’.
- A business community that has given me opportunity to add value and serve in tangible ways and which has compensated me fairly for that so that I can pay the bills and press on, continuing to do more on many levels.
I know, in fact I hope, not many will read this today. But when you do stumble across this post, what are your thoughts? Looking back on 2010 and beyond, what are you thankful for? Thanks!